My move to Dubai and setting up my own company were not entirely of my free choice.
I got laid off in Belgium during the famous bank crisis and found it difficult to get another job, because the job market was at an all-time low and employers were cutting costs (read labor costs) all around. As an additional obstacle, my experience (read my age) is no longer appreciated by Belgian employers because 1) that is simply the trend of today and 2) it is much too costly. Fortunately, Belgium has a truly great social security system in place, so I was receiving an unemployment fee for doing nothing. Isn’t that awesome??
Well, not for me, I had this irresistible urge to get out there and do what I’m good at, share my experience with others, get some action, be creative.
The result is now visible, my very own Freelance Assistant Services agency, a new concept to Dubai and the other Gulf Countries. We outsource staff to clients who have special needs for assistant support such as temporary, part time, special occasions, ad hoc, events, fairs, etc. The assignment is entirely tailored to the requirements of the client in terms of place, time and duration, and the nature of the assignment. The assignment is entirely tailored to the wishes of the candidate (place, duration, part time) and to his likes and skills. You will be hired on a consultancy agreement basis and, unless the employer decides otherwise, a visa will not be provided.
If you’re looking for freedom in your professional activities, if you want to work when and how it suits you, if you’re willing to work on a consultancy contract basis, if you’re fluent in English à keep those C.V.’s coming!!
info@marleenvermeulen.com. I’m currently setting up a database so that the person fitting best in each vacancy can easily be found.

No comments:
Post a Comment